BAVUMA FROM SOUTH AFRICA IS NOT ‘100 PERCENT’ FIT FOR THE WORLD CUP SEMIFINAL
Temba Bavuma, an opening batsman, strained his hamstring against Afghanistan and is questionable for Thursday’s game in Kolkata.
KOLKATA, India – South Africa captain Temba Bavuma stated on Wednesday that he is not “100 percent” and that the team will decide later if he is fit to play in the World Cup semifinal against Australia.
Bavuma, an opening batsman, strained his hamstring against Afghanistan and is questionable for Thursday’s game in Kolkata.
“Physically, I’m fine. “Obviously, not completely,” Bavuma told reporters.
“So this day becomes important in terms of a decision about tomorrow. I’m quite confident, but it’s not a unilateral decision that will be made.”
On his mindset on the eve of the semifinal, Bavuma added: “A bit nervous of the game. It will be our first semifinal as a team. But I think the feeling is no different from any game that we’ve encountered within the World Cup.”
Bavuma, 33, strained his hamstring during the win over Afghanistan last Friday and hobbled while batting for 23 runs.
The captain has already missed two games at the World Cup through illness.
Coach Rob Walter said Tuesday the team will “not give Bavuma extra protection if the injury does not heal sufficiently and inhibits his play”.
- Boney M – Feliz Navidad
- Kamo Mphela – Dalie Ft. Khalil Harrison, Tyler ICU & Baby S.O.N
- Shaunmusiq, Ftears & Daliwonga – Howa You ft. Myztro & XDuppy
- Emtee – Roll Up (Remix) ft. Wizkid, AKA
- DJ Maphorisa & Kabza De Small – Sponono ft. Wizkid, Burna Boy, Cassper Nyovest
- DJ Tarico & Burna Boy – Yaba Buluku (Remix) ft. Preck, Nelson Tivane
- Ayra Starr – Bloody Samaritan(Remix) ft Sun-EL Musician
- Tyla – Water
- The ConCourt rejected Bosa and ICA’s petition to amend the Electoral Amendment Act
- SOUTH AFRICANS WILL PAY THE PRICE IF THE TRANSPORTATION CRISIS IS NOT CHECKED – ECONOMIST
- Uncle Waffles is named Woman of the Year
- Cassper Nyovest declares his commitment to God
- Emtee accuses Musa Khawula of circulating false information regarding his performance
- Killorbeezbeatz – Gym Bell